"Familiarity breeds contempt" has been the old adage I was aware of till now. Recently, I discovered that it can be other ways as well. What if the person you have known for long was a pain at the outset and circumstances ban any possibility of severing the ties. on the contrary you are condemned to meet the person everyday , for some situations might be even worse, you have to live with the person. Then what? You agonize over the association ? Most often than not what I have seen is that you do complain of it , slander out or confide in your friends but finally you settle in the ignominy of the destined coexistence. All in all the chances are you start finding its not so much an irritant as you thought of in the beginning. You get used to the ways; that high pitched twang with pathetic diction becomes tolerable. The nuisance of creating a mess and being nosy just is a part of life. And there are always the gems of humane compassion you discover in another person as you go along (if evilness is also not the natural trait you have to come to terms with). Above all, viola , these are the changes in YOU and that , too, without your conscious effort and much to your own consternation despite yourself.
HATS OFF TO HUMAN ADAPTIBILITY!
As one of my teachers one told human will can make the sheerest of impossible things possible. I'd like to add a corollary - human adaptability can make the queerest of things seem ordinary !!!
HATS OFF TO HUMAN ADAPTIBILITY!
As one of my teachers one told human will can make the sheerest of impossible things possible. I'd like to add a corollary - human adaptability can make the queerest of things seem ordinary !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment