Sunday, April 29, 2012

A new beginning.....

lately hv been pondering a lot 'bout "is there really a cut-off liimit on when we can make a tansition or begin ?" And I don't mean it in the sense of starting your exercise routine or being punctual or something like this. Come on , verybody knows habits can be attempted to be changed a nytime you wish like. Im really talking about following your passions and making switches and for something which you know is not going to be that rewarding in monetary sense as well as socially (I mean hereby that you can't brag about it to your middle aged settled fellas).Guess I GAVE AWAY the reason for such ponderings. Having lived out my twenties and soon to hit thirties , I might not be that old by current scenario but it has now turned out to be a second adolescence to me. I wonder if there are people facing similar issues at this point as well ???  belonging to a quasi - conservative middle class family, and being a woman (yes, contrary to my beliefs , this needs to b specified in today's age as well) , I m expected to settle down (that means marriage of course but also that now Id be sticking to my profession in the least) and even I  thought I  would. But  a l'ttle bit of self exploration has opened a whole lot of awareness and I  have discovered a whole lot of new things I like to do and would love to indulge into, I  find myself raring to be less practical by convention. My perspective stands all changed. I  am just not ready to compromise. I  want to live out myself and much more. I  want to begin with trying to know where my passion lies and not just my area of expertise r skill. M willing to let go, be broke , begin from scratch and that also means beginning to acquire the skills needed to do out my passion. (Sigh!!!) Prudence dictates otherwise.So, it finally sums upto prudence versus passion, m still quizzical 'bout it. Is goin to do something I know is impractical but for the sheer joy of being able to do it is worth it ? like playin knowing you'll never become a professional, All you can do is make it your work, it'll never be your job :(

No comments:

Post a Comment